WWW.MJCOMMUNITY.CO.UK
If you would like to visit Michael Jacksons Neverland Ranch then you must register to see all the posts on visiting neverland.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

WWW.MJCOMMUNITY.CO.UK
If you would like to visit Michael Jacksons Neverland Ranch then you must register to see all the posts on visiting neverland.

WWW.MJCOMMUNITY.CO.UK
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Mayhem 1987 Deathrehearsal Megaupload
R Kelly talks about MJ EmptyMon Jul 28, 2014 7:53 am by Guest

» Mayhem 1987 Deathrehearsal Megaupload
R Kelly talks about MJ EmptyMon Jul 28, 2014 7:52 am by Guest

» Thredgeholder Plugin For Photoshop
R Kelly talks about MJ EmptySun Jul 27, 2014 7:12 am by Guest

» Thredgeholder Plugin For Photoshop
R Kelly talks about MJ EmptySun Jul 27, 2014 7:10 am by Guest

» Ivanka Trump
R Kelly talks about MJ EmptySat Jul 26, 2014 1:53 pm by Guest

» Eric Benet - True To Myself (1996)
R Kelly talks about MJ EmptyFri Jul 25, 2014 9:43 pm by Guest

» Eric Benet - True To Myself (1996)
R Kelly talks about MJ EmptyFri Jul 25, 2014 9:39 pm by Guest

» Crack_For_The_Hunter_2012
R Kelly talks about MJ EmptyThu Jul 24, 2014 12:52 am by Guest

» Tales_Runner_Speed_Hack
R Kelly talks about MJ EmptyWed Jul 23, 2014 5:37 pm by Guest

Poll
Statistics
We have 113 registered users
The newest registered user is aleiber

Our users have posted a total of 430 messages in 279 subjects
Keywords

Click below for MJ Stuff

R Kelly talks about MJ

Go down

R Kelly talks about MJ Empty R Kelly talks about MJ

Post  IBBY Thu Dec 03, 2009 4:59 am

R. Kelly talks about MJ

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

R. Kelly concludes his recent Ladies Make Some Noise Tour this weekend and said the trek has been a blessing.

"It was a thrill. I hadn't been on the road in, like, two or three years, expressing myself live," he told MTV News recently. Kelly also said the most exciting part of the tour is hearing the screams, seeing his fans and feeling the unity.

One of the highlights of the concert is Kelly's tribute to the late Michael Jackson.

"Michael Jackson being gone is like our breath, our musical breath, being taken away," Kelly says in his videotaped message. "But I'm not gonna let him die."

Then home-movie footage of Jackson and director Brett Ratner dancing in a vehicle to the sounds of Kells' "Ignition" appears on the screen. R. told us that the King of Pop wanted a song like it of his very own.

"Michael told me one day, he said, 'I wanna know if you can write a song like "Ignition" for me — I love that song,' " Kelly explained. "I was like, 'Mike, man, "Ignition" is not a "Thriller," but much like "Thriller," those type of songs will probably never happen [again]. It'll never happen again. I'm sorry.' "

But Kelly was extremely humbled when he saw Jackson dancing to "Ignition" and felt compelled to put the footage in his show.

"I cried the first time I saw him on YouTube, and I couldn't believe he was in the backseat of the car. He was jamming [to my song]," he said. "You can tell he was into it. He was feeling it. It was like, 'Wow, he's doing my music. He's singing to my music.' It was unbelievable. I knew I made it when I saw that. You can sing songs forever. I've written a lot of songs, and they went around the world. I've won all types of awards, but let me tell y'all something — nothing, nothing told me, I didn't know I made it until I saw Michael Jackson in the back of that car performing and dancing to my song 'Ignition.' That's when it became official. I've been in the game 20 years, but that's when it became official to me that Kells is here, baby, for real."

The video homage to Jackson segues into a montage of Michael's performances and videos. Kelly sings, "Don't say goodbye to me/ There is no need to/ Don't say goodbye to me, because I'm still with you/ Don't say goodbye to me, don't shed a tear/ Because I'm still here/ Go light a candle and say a prayer/ Scream out victory, 'cause love is still there."

"I do dedicate a segment of the show to Michael Jackson. Michael Jackson is one of the biggest reasons R. Kelly is in the game right now. It's amazing," he explained.

Kelly sped up his wardrobe change so that he could watch the video every night from backstage.

"It made me feel like he was still alive," Kelly smiled. "It made me feel like I still have the chance to go to the level that Michael took it to. It brings me back to what real music is and how it touches and pierces the soul. That's what my mission is."

R. Kelly's Untitled is in stores now.

Video inside- http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/162.../kelly_r.jhtml
IBBY
IBBY

http://www.neverlandvisitor.com

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum